Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall 2012

A rather dark photo--darn camera is not the highest quality.  This is a quilt top is destined to be a tree skirt, hence the lack of quilting in the center of the quilt; it'll be cut out and bound.  This is an all over ribbons pattern, a fun celebratory quilt pattern!
Blurry sideways penguins.  Did I mention the poor photo quality?  I hung it up on the wall to photograph, then realized it was sideways.  Whoops.  This is a quilt top I finished for my mother in law, and I think it's destined for a nephew who loves penguins.  :)

This is a smaller quilt top that was made by Joy and her mother, Violet for a friend who is ill.  You may note that it's very similar to the previous quilt from Joy--many of the same fabrics were used in both.  It's the perfect lap size for snuggling under during treatments.

Go Cougs!  This is a shop sample for Judy J., owner of Thread Mongers.  She asked me to use two different threads for this quilt top from her stock.  One was a nice poly/rayon from Superior Threads in a colorway called "Lava".  It was really nice!  The other was a glittery thread that was a bit of a pain to work with.  I don't know who made it and I wouldn't trash their name publicly anyway.  Other people may have a much better experience than I did, and who knows--maybe with more adjustments, I could make it work on my machine better, too.

Lauri's quilt for Laura made with Laura's favorite colors--purple and green.  Quilted with loopy hearts in a quick, all-over pattern.

A Christmas sampler for Kathy, quilted with small scrollwork all over, echoing the subtle print in the background fabric.

It's been a busy few weeks here.  Here's to many more!

Karen, Ye Merrie Quilter (& Costumer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment